Chicken is a treasure for the whole body, whether it is chicken head, chicken neck, chicken wings, chicken breast, chicken frame, chicken legs, chicken feet, without exception, they are all top delicacies. But when it comes to chicken butts, it is very special. Some people say that the chicken butt is the most delicious part of the chicken, and some people say that the chicken butt is “cancerous” and must not be eaten!
So the question is, can chicken butts be eaten? Can’t eat or why can’t eat? How can you eat it if you can eat it?
What we commonly call “chicken butts” is not the buttocks of chickens. In terms of anatomical structure, it is actually the “tail” of chickens, not the cloaca (excretion and reproductive passages) of chickens. It is no different from the tails of other animals, because this tail It is relatively short, and it is also a “neighbor” with the real chicken’s butt all the year round, and finally refers to the chicken’s butt.
Some friends will definitely say that there is a “sac on the cavity” in the chicken butt, which contains a lot of bacteria, viruses and carcinogens and cannot be eaten! In fact, these words are correct, but there is a problem of stealing the concept. It is to confuse the concept of caudal gland and Bursa of Fabricius.
The bursa is an important immune organ of chickens, but the bursa is not in the chicken butt, but in the abdominal cavity above the chicken’s cloaca, a white sac with many macrophages in the sac for Phagocytosis of bacteria, viruses, and cancerous cells that are not controlled by the body. Therefore, a large amount of harmful substances will accumulate in the bursa, which is not suitable for consumption. Unfortunately, because of the lack of understanding of the specific situation, most of them are still eaten.
The tail glands are the two yellow, soybean-sized things on the chicken buttocks. The tail glands are full-fat glands. The main component is fat. It is reasonable to say that they can be eaten, but this gland has a very serious fishy smell. So generally it need to be removed as not to affect the taste.
The caudal gland is a relatively developed gland in chickens. It is located in the small raised position above the chicken’s buttocks. The glands have openings on the body surface. On the feathers, the feathers are not easily wetted by water, and at the same time they are more shiny and beautiful. Moreover, the oil coated on feathers will be converted into vitamins under the action of sunlight, and will be ingested into the body to supplement trace elements when the chickens comb their feathers again.
In this way, chicken butt is completely edible, and chicken butt is rich in fat, similar to pork belly in pork, quite delicious.
There are many famous dishes made with chicken butt in China, we are here to share with you some classic recipes.
|ginger and garlic||appropriate amount|
|dried chili and chives||appropriate amount|
|soy sauce||10 g|
|monosodium glutamate||2 g|
|cooking wine||appropriate amount|
- Clean the chicken butt and remove any remaining feathers with tweezers
- Use a knife to stick to the small bump above the chicken butt, remove the caudal glands along the bone and discard it, then wash and drain again
- Marinate with salt, pepper, onion, ginger and cooking wine for a while to remove the fishy smell
- After marinating, pick out the green onion and ginger, add half an egg white and a small amount of cornstarch, squeeze evenly, and hang a thin layer of paste on the chicken butts
- Heat oil in a pan, turn the oil to 60% hot and turn to low heat, then put in the chicken buttocks and fry them slowly, fry until golden brown and remove, when the oil temperature rises to 70% hot, fry again, and then repeat the above operation again Fry once, so as to force out excess fat and fry the bones in the chicken butts
- Boil the water in a pot, boil the dried red peppers in boiling water for 30 seconds, which can not only remove the dryness of the peppers, but also prevent them from being fried during frying
- Take another pot, add oil, saute ginger and garlic until fragrant, add dried chili, stir-fry until fragrant, add fried chicken butt, quickly stir-fry to taste, add shallots and white sesame seeds, stir well and serve on a plate
|cooking wine||one spoon|
|dried chili||appropriate amount|
|light soy sauce||two spoons|
- Get rid of odor glands on the tail
- Pinch out the hair tube from the tail
- Divide the chicken tail into two parts, add an appropriate amount of salt, soy sauce, cooking wine, and ginger slices and marinate for 15 minutes. Prepare ginger slices, flattened garlic, Sichuan peppercorns and green onions (I only have spring onions in my house) and soak the chili segments in water
- Heat oil in a pot and put the marinated chicken tails, ginger slices, garlic cloves, and peppers into the pot and stir fry over medium heat (you can use less oil, because the chicken tails will be oily)
- Stir-fry until the oil turns bright, and continue to stir-fry until it turns yellow. Add an appropriate amount of soy sauce and a little sugar to enhance the taste. Then add the soaked chili sections and stir fry until the chili is fragrant, then add a proper amount of chicken essence and you can serve it.
Well, stay tuned and we’ll update recipes about chicken butts.
Or please check other Chicken Recipes if you want to know more about chicken.